Wednesday, November 26, 2014

1992 F150 Project "Finished"

Well I finally got it done!


I bought the truck 11/11/13 and 11/20/2014 she was finished. Rebuilt, Registered and Inspected to the State of Maine standards.

It has been a long year. Many times I wanted to throw in the towel and quit. I kept going along and working away at it.

As a update from my last one regarding this project, I was given to opportunity to trade out my worn out body panels to some better ones on a truck that could not be registered because there was no title of ownership.
1995 F150 302 Auto
From NH, had no title

 My friend got the 1995 with intentions of making it into a demolition derby/race truck. He offered the better parts off it and he would take my worse and more rusty parts.
The Original Bed with Custom Bumper Roll Pan

After I mounted it all back on, I was offered the parts.


 I started ripping apart the two trucks and swapping parts.
LEFT: 1995 F150. RIGHT: 1992 F150
1995 Disassembled




The two trucks with no doors. A lot of fun to drive this way.
After I got the doors, the fender and bed, I started putting them back together.

1992 with the white bed
The 1992 with all the white parts.


1992 from the other side

1995 with a door I found in the woods


And then we send the 1995 off.
We ended up doing the entire body switch in 4 afternoons after school and after work. We did this all while my father was working in Connecticut from Monday Morning-Thursday Night. His reaction was priceless with "Is that the same POS truck?"

After this I had to spend a lot of time working and making money for the next step.

I hired my friend and his father to weld in patch panels and the rollpan bumper and paint the truck.

It took all summer for me to make up the money and for them to get the truck, which upset me a little bit because I was heading off to College and had to spend 10 days out of contact and a month and a half of not being able to go home. 

When I got home they proved they spent their time wisely and did good and careful work.


Kennebunk Beach 11/22/2014
It really turned out clean. All of my brothers, my best friends Dylan and Mike made this thing turn out great. Not many kids can say they built their first truck.
Beautiful Sunset


Roll Pan makes it look sporty and clean

Chrome and clear headlights make it look sharp

Red Interior, White Body, and Chrome Trim

Fully Register, Inspected and Ready to Go

2' Drop Shackles 



I honestly love this truck. I was planning on inheriting a 1989 F150 and doing the same thing a few years back, but I had plans change and I got this instead.

Now as my need for a vehicle get more important, I must decide if I want to continue working on this, or buy something a little newer, and something 4x4 to get to the good canoeing spots... Jeep GMC Z71 F250?

My next options would be to fix a few odd and end thing on this, and maybe upgrade the Engine and Transmission. Big Block? 351 4 Speed? who knows. Only time will tell. 

1 comment:

  1. This canoe does not look like any canoe I have ever seen. Does it float? And will you bing willing to sell it to a eager canoe export. As like you I have own many F one hundred and fifty canoes. I am willing to trade for this beauty.I have a 1991 F one hundred and fifty canoe with four doors long bed. Great shape and only one or two cracked ribs. I have taken it down many water trips. My F one hundred and fifty canoe has also been on the Northern Forest Canoe Trail. put many hard hours on the old girl. i'm very interested in the canoe contact me. Email me at : Ilovecanoesandanal@AOL.com

    ReplyDelete