Saturday, March 14, 2015

F150, No longer Finished...

Well like most projects, its never done. In my case I need to either fix or replace my transmission... so guess what I do?!

I bought a bigger engine.

That's right, I (My brother) bought a 1995 5.8 351w (Windsor) out of a Ford Bronco. We wanted to get the transmission but the guy tried to scam us so we only got the engine.

So three weeks before my spring break I went home with one of my buddies from Maine Maritime and we drove my F150 over to a friends barn. As we drove over I used my buddies TDI Stage 2 Clutch and Turbo Jetta and he tried to keep up in my F150. Needless to say when he came to a stop it was smoking and seized up for a minute. We got it running and drove it into the barn.

We spend the day removing the engine, which is surprisingly hard because the i6 was really tucked in there. After that we didn't do anything for 3.5 weeks until me and my brother went over and did a bunch of work.

Draining a Boiling Hot Radiator 

Pulling the 300 i6 Out

Not Blood, ATF from the Torque Converter


We went and got the new engine mounts in and then got the 351w in the engine bay. Sadly that was the last I got to do to it. I had to go finish the last 8 weeks of Freshman year. But my brother is going over after school hooking everything up to get it running.

SO CLOSE! I CAN SENSE IT

-JL
Putting in the 351w

The picture I got when it was bolted to the frame

It sits higher than with the 300 i6

Tinkering with the starter motor




No comments:

Post a Comment