Sunday, December 13, 2015

Sad News, Two More Gone

Happy Holidays Folks,
I have the displeasure of informing you that I have sold another canoe before I had time to restore it. In this case we sold the 1936 Old Town. As a college student money is tight and I needed to prepare for the holidays fast approaching. There is some talks however of starting a website where I can list project, restored or new canoes for sale. That's right I said new. I have a fully one-off custom 14' mold built for Fly Fishermen based off a 16' Chestnut Prospector. We shall see!

Now speaking of a Chestnut Prospector's, I had one. I owned if for only a week. My father has a friend who bought it but can no longer use it due to medical reasons. He had me sell it for him. I considered it a Holy Grail Canoe (Personal Opinion) because it is the canoe that Bill Riviere owned. Bill is the author of books like The L.L. Bean Guide to the Outdoors and Pole, Paddle & Portage. This Prospector was featured in PP&P and included the Pole and a signed copy of his book. A nice gentlemen bought it and will see many years of usefulness out of the gorgeous canoe. VERY JEALOUS!




No comments:

Post a Comment